4 Aug 2011

Caffé e Cucina

















581 Chapel St
South Yarra, 3141
(03) 9827 4139


Caffé e Cucina is an awesome spot for a late lunch after shopping on Chapel Street. The adorable little Italian restaurant was cozy and has a great atmosphere inside and out. The service was professional and our charming Italian waiter did an excellent job during the time we were there. I liked my wild rocket, pear and shaved grana  with extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. Simple, clean, lovely dish. I finished the whole bowl. Since then, I've been making it at home. Truly one of my favourite salad of all time.

For main course, DH ordered pipis, prawns, mussels & scallops cooed with garlic, chilli and tomato, baked in parchment paper. The parcel was unwrapped at the table. How wonderful. It was a beautiful dish. Unfortunately my chargrilled black Angus t-bone was a little let down as it was under cooked for medium rare, the meat was still red and bloody. I left most of it on the dish. It was a shame as the dish came to the table looked spectacular.  Next time, I'll go there, order my favourite rocket and pear salad and a a cup of coffee for lunch and enjoy my time in this little Italian.


What We Order
Salad: Di Cucina
Wild rocket, pear, shaved grana, extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar $12.5

Main: Pasta
Linguine Di Mare Al Cartoccio
Pipis, prawns, mussels & scallops, garlic, chilli & tomato, baked in parchment paper $34.0

Main:  Secondi Piatti
Bistecca alla Fiorentina
Chargrilled Black Angus T-bone (400g), sauteed broccolini and pangrattato $38.5


Caffé e Cucina on Urbanspoon

Cuisine: Italian
Food: Average
Service: Good
Atmopshere: Good
Value: $$$

0 Meow~: